America

America

Saturday, April 10, 2010

99 Weeks Later, and my Beni's Ran Out. Woe is Me!


99 Weeks Later, and my Beni's Ran Out. Woe is Me!

Quote:
Jobless army grows as aid ends
Facebook holds stories of unemployed WNYers crying out for help

They call themselves the 99ers and with each new week their numbers grow by the thousands.

There are so many of them — nearly 3,000 in Western New York alone — they have their own statewide Facebook page.

"Nobody is hiring, and I can't afford to lose my place to live," said Mike Papay, one of the hundreds of jobless who have told their story on Facebook. "I've already had my vehicles taken. This is crazy! Somebody please help!"
Funny, I see lots of help wanted signs out. Maybe these 99 weekers should stop holding out for that CEO job and go stock shelves at the market, flip burgers at Mickie Dees or cut some grass already. It's work, it's money, and you ain't too good to do it dumbass.



Lets "create" a job for the "there's no jobs out there" folks.

1 Get off ass, knock on doors. Ask old person "Is it worth $10 a week for me to come by and put your garbage can at the curb for you, then come back the next day and put it away?"

Each YES = $520 per year. 10 = $5,200. 25 = $13,000

2. Get off ass again, knock on doors. Ask person "Is it worth $20 a month for me to stop by and wash your car, $35 a month for a wash, wax and detail?"

Each YES = $240-$420 10=$2,400-$4,200 25 = $6,000-$10,500

3. Get off ass yet again. (See a trend here?) Go door to door, ask "Is it worth $20 a week for me to come by and cut your grass with my mulching mower, and sweep up the sidewalk after I'm done?"

Each YES = $1,040. 10=$10,400 25=$26,000

Wow. just shy of a $50,000 income, and it's all cash. Yeah, theres some expense involved. Gas for the mower, bottle of car wash solution, a bucket, a sponge and a shammy, but still. $50 down, $6-10 a week in expense, and you've made $30k-50k cash.

Can you find 25-100 people to do this for in 2 fracking years?

If the answer is no, then you are not looking hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Bob Hubbard. All rights reserved.